1. About IDC Ventures
IDC Ventures was founded in 2019 as an international VC Fund with Headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, and offices in Madrid, Guatemala City and Miami.
While utilizing our services we may process your personal data as the data controller as part of the operation of our business. If you have any questions regarding our processing, please contact us using the following contact details:
2. What types of personal data do we process about you and why?
The data we process about you will be used for various purposes in connection with your use of our services and the operation of our business. The data processed may vary depending on your actions, but will generally be data relating to correspondence with you, data stored, information used to improve our website and data relating to our rights and obligations.
We will typically process the following data (the list is not exhaustive):
- Data about our (potential) partners: Data that you provide to us when becoming a partner or contacting us, including contact details, your marketing or communication preferences, and data that you provide to us when contacting us to ask a question or to report a problem or generally as part of your relationship with us.
- Data that we collect and process when you visit our website: Data on the way you navigate to and between our websites and the resources you access, information about your computer, device and browser.
3. Use of your personal data
We processes your personal data for the purposes set out below. Please note that not all the specified purposes, categories of data, recipients of data or types of processing of data will in all instances apply to you.
We processes your personal data solely to the extent necessary in connection with our relationship in connection with our services or according to current law. Partner relationship management:
- Creation and management of your relationship with us as part of the operation of our business, including the maintenance of our CRM register containing information about our contact persons for our partners, marketing, statistics, etc.
- Operation and maintenance of our websites: The provision of our online services at our websites, including to support the ongoing evaluation and improvement of our websites.
- Compliance with current laws and regulations: The compliance with laws and regulations to which IDC Venture is subject in connection with the operation of the business or to fulfil various duties of reporting or disclosure under current laws and regulations imposed on us.
We endeavours to ensure that all personal data processed by us are accurate and up to date. As a result, we request that you always inform us of any change in your data (e.g. any change of address) to enable us to ensure that the data are always accurate and up to date.
4. Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
We will process your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so.
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. Processing based on consent is in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), e.g. for marketing purposes.
- Legal obligation: Compliance with a legal obligation imposed on IDC Ventures. Processing based on a legal obligation is in accordance with Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, e.g. in the event of legal compliance requirements.
- Performance of contract: In some cases, we may need to process your personal data to provide a Service in performing or prior to the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
- Our legitimate interests: The legitimate interests pursued by IDC Venstures, i.e. the purposes described above. Processing based on our legitimate interests is in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
5. Sharing of personal data
We will disclose data only to the extent necessary as part of the operation of our business.
We may share your personal data and/or make them available to other suppliers and/or service providers in connection with the general operation of our business, e.g. in connection with the external administration of our IT systems, analysis tasks, marketing tasks, audit, legal assistance, etc.
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EU/EEA if necessary to carry out the relevant task. Any transfer will take place subject to valid legal grounds for such transfer, e.g. the Standard Contractual Clauses published by the EU-Commission.
6. Data integrity and retention
Personal data are retained for no longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they were collected, unless retention is necessary to comply with national statutory requirements, including statutory retention periods relating to EU-subsidy control, bookkeeping, etc.
We protect personal data by taking adequate technical and organisational security measures. Once your personal data are no longer needed, we will ensure that they are erased in a secure manner.
7. Your rights
You are entitled at all times to exercise your rights under the data protection legislation in force at any time. However, please note that we will not always be required to fulfil these rights in whole or in part. For example, you are not entitled to erasure of your personal data retained by IDC Ventures if the law obliges us to store such data.
- Your right of access: You may e.g. request access to the personal data held by us and information about e.g. the purpose(s) for which personal data are used and to whom they are disclosed.
- Your right to object: You may object to the processing of your personal data, including object to automated decisions and profiling or to the use of your personal data for direct marketing.
- Your right to rectification: You may request correction of any incorrect information about yourself.
- Your right to restrict processing and erasure: You may request the restriction or erasure of information about yourself if the relevant conditions are met.
- Your right to data portability: Your right to data portability is applicable to information you have provided to us if the processing is based on your consent or a contract, and such portability is technically possible.
In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data in case our processing is based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise one or more of your rights, please contact us.
You may file a complaint on our processing of personal data with the relevant supervisory authority, e.g. your national Data Protection Agency.